Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Danger, Will Robinson!!

A Yuletide Warning: Do not...I repeat...DO NOT attempt to set up the Christmas decorations this year while you are 1) alone in the house, 2) suffering from PMS, 3) listening to sad Christmas music or any combination of the above. I'm speaking from personal experience, people. Heed what I say!

Going through pictures of your teen-aged children in various stages of cuteness as they perch on Santa's lap or displaying the kids' holiday-themed art projects from kindergarten around the house as "I'll Be Home For Christmas" wheedles tragically in the background is a recipe for emotional disaster.

Wait until the kids get home from school. Turn off the music or wait until this week is over. Do yourself a favor. Back away from their personalized stockings that you were getting ready to hang by the fireplace and go have some chocolate. It'll all be better tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Shrinking Violet said...

mmmmmm....chocolate......no worries. I haven't decorated in two years. Our place is so small and we leave every year to go to family. I figure, what's the point? We'll see...

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Spamboy said...

Good thing I am avoiding the PMS thing. Should allow me to catch up on mending all of the rest of the holiday-induced emotional chaos swirling around me!

12:54 PM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

Spamboy- You'll be one step ahead of me the whole time!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I am totally dreading the whole decorating thing, though I'm already weeks behind my neighbors. Do you suppose a gallon or so of mulled wine will help?

2:01 PM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

Mrs. Harridan-

It sure couldn't hurt.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Missy said...

Amen.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home