Tuesday, November 29, 2005

In Memoriam

Author/artist Stan Berenstain died this weekend. He was 82. Stan, along with his wife and creative partner Jan, created the well-known children's book series, "The Berenstain Bears". I can't tell you how many times these books got us through a long wait time at the pediatrician's office. This little bear family was familiar to everyone, and the storylines were sweet without being sacchrine. When the seed of your inspiration flowers into something that people are still reading 45 years after you start, you know that your life has been spent on something good and positive. Farewell, old friend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

Thanks for sharing that... I was about to run off and tell my daughter (she watches them on PBS every morning), when I realized that could be a disaster and an extremely poor parenting maneuver. I admit I'm piss-poor when it comes to discussing death with her.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Too much Birthday was my favorite. He did good things by bringing that bear family to the world.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Spamboy said...

Yeah, I heard the news while walking the dogs this morning. I stopped and asked them if they watched too much TV, just like Boy Bear. There goes another part of my childhood.

6:36 AM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

When E.B. White died, I wore a little black arm band for a day. My students thought I was nuts.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home