Wednesday, November 30, 2005

This Just In: Band-Aid Boy Mystery Solved!

Today I was able to find out about the kid with band-aids over his eyebrows. This is something that has been bugging me for weeks. I got the scoop straight from a faculty member. Let me preface by telling you that this school is a Sixth Grade Middle School (public) and they just started wearing uniforms this year. For some of the youth who might follow a less desirable path, it has made showing gang colors very difficult. (yay!) School officials monitor everything right down to the color of your shoelaces. The boy in question, a young Hispanic, decided he would try to sport a lesser-known "sign" by shaving stripes into his eyebrows. He came to school with striped eyebrows and when he went home that evening, his mother went absolutely ballistic. She told the principal, "I decided if my son wanted to look cool like he thinks gang members look with the eyebrows shaved, then we'd just do it the rest of the way". And she shaved off every hair of his eyebrows for him.

I guess the Scooby-Doo band-aids are there until all the hair grows back. It's been several weeks, but I don't know how long that would take to get them all back. Okay...now you know. I thought I was going to have to lose some sleep over that one!

13 Comments:

Blogger Mignon said...

That's awesome! I love that story and that woman!

On another note, I thought the title of your post was Boy Band Aid, as if 'NSync was doing a hunger benefit concert...

3:24 PM  
Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

Oh my gosh, it is taking effing forever for the kids eyebrows to grow back. I'm going at my eyebrows daily with a weed wacker to keep those suckers in check. Now they are coming in SHOCK WHITE. Great. I hear leprichans are all the rage this year.

And, no I doubt that NSync needs food but God knows they sure could use talent!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

Wow Wow Wow! Hopefully that boy will think twice before crossing Mama again!

6:06 PM  
Blogger mama_tulip said...

Good for that mother. Don't mess with Mama, man.

7:24 PM  
Blogger mrtl said...

That's a mother after my own heart. Good on her!

8:55 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

And the band-aids are less distracting then the shaved eye brows????

Good for that mom though!

4:06 AM  
Blogger sheryl_stephen said...

I am adding "shaving off brat's eyebrows" to my repertoire, just in case I ever become a parent.

I wonder whose idea it was to put the band-aids on...

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Spamboy said...

Should make the kid's head a little more aerodynamic when his mama whups the little s--- the next time he acts up...

6:00 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Omigosh! *cackle* How crazy!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Haha! That's pretty funny when you think about it. I bet his mother cussed him the whole time she did it.

Diggin' your site btw. :)

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love that mom!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Pink Rocket said...

That's a fabulous idea! I just read somewhere about a woman who made her daughter hold up a sign saying: She doesn't do her homework...I'm preparing for my future. Will work for food.

News story here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=47576

There's been a copycat recently too.

9:42 AM  
Blogger superclosetnerd said...

I have a fireplace site and was suprised to find your site and it has given me some good ideas for mine, cool. :)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home