Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Two Things

The last wrap-up of "The Biggest Loser" is on tonight. I'm amazed how much this show interests me. I'm not a person for whom extreme weight is a problem (except for those 60 pounds that I gained with each of the three pregnancies...and that's gone), but this show is riveting for me. The female trainer seems incapable of wearing anything that doesn't reveal her sinewy six-pack and I want to tell her to go put a shirt on already, but she does manage to motivate and empathize with people who weigh three times as much as she does. Tonight they'll announce the winner. I predict Matt.

Also...I'm dying to find out about this boy at my youngest son's school. Every day I see him leaving school and he's wearing two band-aids over his eyebrows. I don't mean on top of the eyebrows....I mean RIGHT ON TOP OF WHERE THE EYEBROWS USED TO BE . Every day. Sometimes it's two Scooby-Doo strips. One day it was SpongeBob. Some days it's two regular brown ones. No one seems to know why he does it, but he looks like an alien. This is an age where most kids are loathe to call attention to themselves in any strange kind of way, so--of course--one has to wonder. He's got hair, so it's not a hair thing. His skin is as smooth as a baby's behind, so I don't think they caught on fire. I just have to know. Stay tuned.

9 Comments:

Blogger mrtl said...

Thanks for the reminder of TBL. I've missed a couple episodes, but definitely want to watch it tonight.

The boy? Strange. Maybe he experimented with plucking (or someone else did).

2:55 PM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

...and too young to be the victim of a fraternity prank where he's held down while someone else shaves off his eyebrows.

I asked my son about it and he just shrugged and said, "I don't know. Maybe he's just trying to be cool."

I was aghast and asked him, "If you were trying to be a cool kid, would the be the way you'd go about it?"

He told me "no" but I may just have to ask a mother of a girl student. They seem to know more about what's going on.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous jon deal said...

I watched one episode of that show and I wept like a little baby. It's a nice piece of TV. Sadly, we are in the midst of a remodel and I might not be able to get the TV plugged back in to watch.

3:29 PM  
Blogger mama_tulip said...

Definitely keep us posted if eyebrow developments arise. I'm totally curious. When I was a teenager I had an unfortunate accident with the eyebrow tweezers while in a state of inebriation and it took months for my brows to recover. Lesson learned: never pluck while inebriated. I toughed it out, however...I would never think to cover them up with band-aids.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I watched tonight too - and I've found myself inspired by the show and the things that go on during it. It's one of the few reality shows I actually can stomach.

All I can say about the eyebrow things is... weird.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Spamboy said...

Yeah, wifey and I were both sucked into the Biggest Loser show last night as well. I'm happy for the people, although there's something about the show, or its presentation, or the host, or the ubiqitous crying that makes me uneasy...

6:37 AM  
Anonymous surcie said...

I'm glued to TBL, too. I feel safe in admitting that to you.

Eager to hear the story on the Scooby strips!

10:12 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I am a sucker for the Biggest Loser. I knew Matt would win. Last night was funny though cuz my middle son, says "Why would they want to be the biggest loser!" Then I had to explain the whole losing weight thing. The biggest loser is a good thing here. He's 13, gorgeous but very blond.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

Yeah, I watched TBL with a huge bowl of Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream. Watching that show just makes me hungry...

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home