Friday, December 30, 2005

Stuff that I make
















Part of today will be spent sending out all the Christmas cards that I've yet to mail. Consider them New Year's cards, for those of you on the receiving end. The rest of the day will be spent making polymer beads like the ones it these pics. I made these particular ones last May and they've just been sitting around in this old metal butter dish waiting to be functional and not just pretty.

My friend Reading is having some problems with folks out there who seem to exist for no other purpose than to torture us with their stupid, stupid questions. If you've been bothered of late by the idiocy of others in our species, go over and share your thoughts. My secret joy comes from imagining that each little mound of polymer clay--as I run it through the pasta maker-- is the head of any individual who is personally responsible for any misery I might be suffering. Does that make me a bad person?

10 Comments:

Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

NO, that doesn't make you a bad person! That makes you SMART AND Artistic. I'm envious. With the exception of knitting, I don't do too much on the creative/artistic end since the patio fire I started while hanging Christmas decorations about 10 years ago.

12:58 PM  
Blogger reading said...

And see, your coping mechanism produces pretty, pretty beads. How healthy!

1:12 PM  
Blogger mama_tulip said...

If you were running human heads through your pasta maker, then yes. You would be a bad person. ;)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Sounds perfectly constructive to me.

Are you familiar with Al Jaffee's recurring "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" feature from Mad Magazine? It is wonderful.

1:43 PM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

Yes, Arabella. We have several copies of "Snappy Answers..." My husband had a big collection of MAD magazines from the '60's and '70's. Apparently, my MIL threw them out. He's still feeling the grief.

1:55 PM  
Blogger john boy said...

Well, at least their heads are all pretty colors when you are done with them. It doesn't sound like they were really using them anyway ;)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Gosh those are pretty!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Amanda B. said...

Those beads are beautiful!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Ooooh, you can make stuff like that?

Pretending they are heads isn't so bad, that is what they teach you when they teach you how to hit in baseball...."just pretend it's someone you don't like and swing."

10:12 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

Your beads are lovely and if you can create something beautiful while simultaneously working out your agression, you are doing better than most.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home