Sunday, December 11, 2005

What's Christmas without a little tension?

I am setting myself up for failure. Why am I doing this you ask?
Because I've convinced myself'
that I work best under pressure.
I've been carrying this picture around with
me for over a year. It's the fireplace of some
artist who cut about eleventy-three million little pieces
of tile to make this really detailed fireplace front for her home.
I thought I could do the same.

I've been saving dishes and tiles for about
three years in order to do this very thing. Why
did I decide to attempt this artistic feat two
weeks before Christmas and exactly one week
before we host a big party in our home? Have
the pics been developed for the family
Christmas card? No. Have we finished
our shopping? No. Have I finished the
five commission pieces that are due by
the middle of the week? No. Do we still
have to paint the main hallway? Yes.

Even though I know my fireplace can't
possibly look like this one, I'm
overwhelmed to the gills.
I think I'm going to go ahead
and reserve my room at the Betty Ford Center or
just an entire suite at Trembling Hills,
because I'm going to need one or the other soon.
Maybe just a little glass of chilled "Fat Bastard"
to take the edge off.....
********************************************************************************
You were sent to Earth as God's dark angel of laughter. Well done, Richard Pryor.
Rest in peace.......

9 Comments:

Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

Fat Bastard will take care of that problem, lickety split.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

YOU find the correct Psychiatric Hospital for the Criminally Stressed, and I'LL be there!

(And thanks for the nice comment!)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous TB said...

That fireplace is gorgeous. If you're serious about completing the project in the next week, perhaps you should get a few more bottles of Fat Bastard. Good luck and think bigger pieces - the tiny ones may just throw you over the edge!

6:05 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You need an intervention. Way too high of goals and not enough alcohol.

Put the picture away and please enjoy THIS Christmas. Start on the fireplace on New Years Day.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I'm with debbie - freeze that photo in a block of ice and pull it out January 2nd. :)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Well, why don't you just tape the picture to the fireplace, and talk to your guests bout what you plan to accomplish with the fireplace.

This and a couple good drinks will make everything okay.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Misfit Hausfrau said...

Wow! That will be very cool when it is finished.

I am always coming up with an idea for a project during inopportune times. May the force (and the Fat Bastard) be with you!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Tree said...

WOW you are my creative guru if you can do anything even remotely close to that. I mean, I am in awe of you for even attempting it. I'd probably do what Dan suggested.
:)

4:43 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

can't wait to see pics of your finished product!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home