Monday, January 16, 2006

A Meme By Any Other Name Still Requires Thought








Jane over at Coffee and Varnish tagged everyone with this meme. I upped the ante by increasing the number of required answers from four to five due to my quirky need for things in groups of five. Sue me. Besides, I'm experiencing a very low-energy day today. My biorhythms have done a gigantic faceplant and I'm incapable of anything even remotely original. When in doubt, meme.

Five jobs I've had:

*
8th grade English teacher

*book reviewer (I still do this)
*cash control at a water park
*souvenir shop cashier at Six Flags Over Texas
*information desk at my college dorm (This was a great little job. The south side of campus had, at the time, four dorms called The Commons. They had their own dining hall and mailboxes. The Commons Desk gave out information, kept exterior doors to the dorms locked at night/unlocked during the day, sold laundry tickets and made change. Mainly, though, we socialized. It was a huge gathering spot for people and it was easy to make a few bucks, study when the crowds were scarce, and keep up with what everyone else was doing.)


Five movies I'd watch over and over: (torture to pick only a few)


* "The Shawshank Redemption"
* "Laura" (
Gene Tierney/Dana Andrews/Vincent Price) '40s film noir
* "Rear Window" or "North by Northwest" (
Hitchcock)
* "Pulp Fiction"
* "Sunset Boulevard"

Five places I've lived: (Proof of my boring life)

* Alexandria, Virginia
* Fort Worth, Texas
* Denton, Texas
* College Station, Texas
* Arlington, Texas


Five shows I love to watch:

*The Office
*Boston Legal
*ER
*Grey's Anatomy
*re-runs "Seinfeld"


Five places I've been on vacation:

*Isla Mujeres in the Yucatan
*Santa Fe, Red River and Taos, New Mexico
*New York
*London, England
* One week every summer for 10 summers at Surfside Beach on the Texas Coast


Five websites I visit daily:

*Google.com (
anything you want to know)
*Half the Sky (
how else am I going to write anything?)
*Dooce (
the Mothership of all bloggers)
*Go Fug Yourself (
for my minimum daily requirement of Snark)
*Shrinking Violet (
What will she say next?)


Five of my favorite foods: (snack foods...not meals)

* Yogurt
*cashews
*Graham crackers and milk
*Wiejske Wyroby Polish dill pickles
* Hostess chocolate cupcakes


Five places I'd rather be right now:

* On the beach (
with a better body than I have now) with a book
* The Strand Bookstore in NYC...holed up with a book
* Jack Straw's Castle (London), sitting in front of a fire with a book and a pint...do you sense a pattern here?
* Yoga
*Unconscious


Five bloggers I'm tagging: Anyone who reads this.


13 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Yes! Another Grey's Anatomy junkie. What happened last night? I totally blipped out that it was Sunday. Love love love the fact that you like things in 5's. Me too. People always thought I was odd because it's not a nice even number. But it always seemed more balanced to me.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

The Strand rules!!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I love just about every single thing you mentioned! Pickles and bookstores and The Office...oh my!

1:39 PM  
Blogger mama_tulip said...

ER -- love it! I'm so glad Abby's keeping the baby. ;)

I also love Pulp Fiction, both the movie and the soundtrack.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I know what you mean about biorhythm, lazy, meme, etc. I feel like my posts are typically just memes with a few prepositions thrown in half the time anyway. Yeah Grey! Except, for me, Grey is the worst part of Grey. It should be Sandra Oh's Anatomy.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

you so sweet! Pulp Fiction ROCKS -LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Oooh, Boston Legal, I LOVE that show! I forgot to list it in mine, but mine was a 4 meme thingy. I'm going to buy the DVD's of that show! :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Melanhead said...

If you like Seinfeld, you should view Curb Your Enthusiasm. If you don't have HBO, borrow/rent the DVDs.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Tink, it was a good one...but way too complicated to explain all of them....my favorite part was the guy waiting for a heart transplant who flirted with Izzy.

Wordgirl - I love Shawshank, I cannot believe it is Stephen King.

And 1 weird thing about me, I cannot stand Seinfeld, it drove me nuts!

Gotta try those pickles.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Rock said...

I'll go into my five number bit at some time.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

Wow - and I see you're a North by Northwest junkie also!

Twilight zone alert. I have always said (and listed) that was my favorite movie of all time - and I can't find a person who can get that at all!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous V-Grrrl said...

I'm a former dormitory desk grrrl too. Great job for all the reasons you mentioned

Weird snack food I like: marinated green olives with garlic and feta.

3:35 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

How many time did you say the word Howdy???

Love The Office!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home