Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Would It Kill You To Write Once In A While?


Dang! I was so busy trying to find pants that would fit a 6'1"/145 pound man-child for his upcoming week-long AP US History trip to the City of Broken Promises (Washington D.C), that I totally I missed National Delurking Day yesterday. So tough nuts! I'm calling out all of you who lurk and say nothing. EVER! I'm not mentioning names, but I've got a few ideas. It's not that I'm ungrateful for what I've got. Far from it. I've been on the receiving end of some great commenting lately. To say otherwise would just be wrong. But, like everyone else, I'm awfully curious about those out there who read and leave. It's like a drive-by with no gunfire. And I like gunfire.

So...let me know, okay? It's not...you know...like...a marriage proposal or anything. No one's asking you to move in or even provide semi- regular feedback and a place on your blogroll. Just let me know that you come by occasionally and stare through the window. I'll keep a spare tootbrush for you in the medicine cabinet. Just in case. Now I gotta go watch James Spader in "Boston Legal".

24 Comments:

Blogger mrtl said...

Here!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I love Boston Legal... that show cracks me up. The dialog between him and Denny Crane is too much!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous kate said...

i'm pretty much out of things to say, but i am a comment whore, and i figure everyone else is too....

don't knock D.C.-surely one or two decent people hang out up that way!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous GrammaHoney said...

I come by every morning and stare through the window so I guess I really should say Hi...so Hi!!!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Fitzgerald said...

I guess I was being rather rude by not sating hello. My apologies. Can I have the pink toothbrush?

6:48 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I don't think I lurk... It's more like stalking. Hehe. Does that still win me a toothbrush? I want a blue one.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Monique said...

I've been by here a few times. Found you recently but already I don't remember how! Sorry for the faulty memory. :(

7:07 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Awww, you know me, Wordgirl. Happy Day After De-lurking Day!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was DeLurking week? Oh well, I forgot about it either way! I'm going to have to do something similar on TMM. :)


Kestrel

8:16 AM  
Anonymous TB said...

Never fear. You have this entire week to flush out the lurkers, or so I've read.
Ah, the class trip to DC, I remember it well.

8:44 AM  
Blogger CISSY said...

I try to comment more, but sometimes I just can't compete with the witty comments already left.

8:55 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Bang! Bang! Bang!

(That was gunfire. Don't worry, it's only a watergun. It makes a bang-noise instead of a squirt, since it's January, so it's shooting ice-cubes...)

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Brooke's M-I-L said...

Hi from the UK :-D

9:34 AM  
Blogger Swedish Girl said...

I want an electric toothbrush.

Thanks.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous irene said...

hehe, I READ!

10:18 AM  
Blogger The Queen Mama said...

OK, so I sometimes lurk. Guilty. But I'm really quite nice, honest!

I have to watch "Young Frankenstein" every so often, just for a good laugh. Oh, and when we were growing up my brother used to say "unyells" instead of "unless." Used to drive me BONKERS!!! And to this day, my mom still says "tor-till-ya" instead of "tor-tee-a." That drives Hubby (who is of Hispanic heritage) bonkers.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I don't lurk, so much as bombard. But I'm here!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

Keep those letters and postcards coming!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

~rawr~

5:09 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You know I ain't no lurker.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kelly Love said...

Consider me delurked. I think I found you originally through SJ's blog...

7:28 AM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I'm not a lurker, but I'm a newbie here and I love love LOVE your site!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous mooalex said...

'ello luv!

8:19 PM  
Blogger jess said...

Late, but here.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home