Thursday, March 02, 2006

You can run but you cannot hide from the 4 Meme

MooAlex tagged me for this meme and her will is my command. Herewith:

4 jobs I've had:

* 8th grade English teacher
* freelance book reviewer
* teenage cashier in souvenir shops at Six Flags Over Texas
* Cash control at a water park

4 movies I can watch over and over:

* North by Northwest
* Shawshank Redemption
* Pulp Fiction
* Laura (1940's film noir...Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Vincent Price, Clifton Webb)

4 places I've lived vacationed:

*
Isla Mujeres in the Yucatan
* London
* New York
* Surfside Beach on the Texas coast.

4 places I've lived:

*
Denton, Texas
* College Station, Texas
* Alexandria, Virginia
* Arlington, Texas

4 websites I visit every day:

I pretty much go through the whole blogroll once each day, but in sections. However...
* Dooce
* The Huffington Post
* Thought C0ncoction
* Soul Gardening

4 favorite foods:

*
Chinese
* German beef stew (Mom's) with mashed potatoes.
* Steak and salad
*Captain Crunch and cold milk

4 places I'd rather be:

* on the beach getting a tan and reading a stack of books
* any bookstore...anyplace
* in New York with Mr. Half and the kids
* getting an interview with Michael Chabon...over drinks and dinner

4 people I'm tagging:

*Debbie
*Rock
*Gradual Gardener
*Lucinda



11 Comments:

Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Aarrrgh! I don't usually do these just because I am afraid I will bore people with my answers but here goes....

3:26 PM  
Blogger theyellowwallpaper said...

Yeah, Pulp Fiction is one of my favs as well. My hubs still likes to pull out the soundtrack and dance with the kids.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Native Texan here...and I dig both Laura and North By Northwest. The latter is seriously one of my favorites.

4:43 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

When I come to your town, we are soooo getting some Chinese food.

I love Pulp Fiction too but didn't put it on my list so that people wouldn't think I was copying you. Even though I do want to be just like you.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous mooalex said...

Ah.. Shawshank Redemption. Also one of my favorites!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Cool vacation places! And Capn Crunch with cold milk - yum.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous sarcastic journalist said...

college station. gotta love it. even though I was SOOOO ready to leave when there, I kind of miss it sometimes.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Ack! Don't tell me you come by every day! I've really got to clean the place up now...

The real question is, how do you feel about Crunchberries? Now that is a true measure of a woman.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous TB said...

Me? With Mignon and Dooce? Man, I really need to step it up a notch or two especially with the grammar and punctuation ;o)

Isn't Isla Mujeres near where Jurassic Park was filmed? I've heard it is fabulous down there.

I'm a big fan of the Crunch, especially the Crunch Berries. I think they should make a cereal with nothing but Berries, since they have one with nothing but Crunch.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I know I liked ya'! Among other things in common...nothing better than a good book and a tan.

2:19 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Captain Crunch was yesterday's breakfast. Nothin' but healthly food in this house!

I did the 4 things me-me awhile ago, so instead I'm doing Mignon's food me-me.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home