Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Meme Questions I Felt Like Answering

1. WHAT IS YOUR FIRST NAME? Stacy
2. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My middle name is Patricia. I'm named for my mother's best friend since 2nd grade.
3. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Only falling ones.
4. WHEN DID YOU CRY LAST? Around noon today. It's been a rough couple of days. I don't cry easily, willingly or well.
5. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING? Not really. I have no consistent way of writing. It's a cross between printing and cursive. Since I type more frequently now than I write things by hand, my writing is worse than ever.
6. FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Whatever they put on a Subway Italian BMT. Second? Kosher Bologna.
7. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? March 24th. Same as Harry Houdini and Steve McQueen.
8. MOST EMBARRSSING CD? Anything by Michael Jackson
9. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don't know if I'd want to be friends with me. I do know I would never want to be my enemy.
10. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Burned the ones from my sucky teenage life. I have part of one I kept when my kids were little and another one about their lives--not mine. This blog isn't my journal, though. I'm pretty sure of that.
11. WOULD YOU EVEN BUNGEE JUMP? Oh HAY-ULL no! Falling from any height for any reason is something I strive to avoid.
12. FAVORITE CEREAL? For a pure sugar rush...Captain Crunch. If I want to feel proud of myself--Cheerios.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OFF? None of my shoes tie...except my running shoes. I untie the long-distance shoes because they're the newer ones. The older pairs I usually don't bother to untie.
14. DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AS A STRONG PERSON? Physically...yes. I'm rarely--almost never--sick. My body can still move well and I have strong legs and arms. Emotionally? Hmmm. I can handle it when things go wrong with my kids, but I do tend to crater while I'm fixing whatever went wrong. My kids think I'm like the mom on "Malcolm in the Middle". I'm the Queen of the Screaming FreakOut. Yeah...I'll be able to bandage your dangling and bloody limbs or load you into the car and take you to the ER without throwing up, but I'll for sure be crying and screaming at you the entire way, "WHAT IN HELL DID YOU DO TO YOURSELF???"
15. FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch. Bluebell's Moo-llennium Crunch. My dad's homemade peppermint.
16. SHOE SIZE? Somewhere between a 9 1/2 and a 10 in regular shoes. 10 1/2 in a running shoe.
17. RED OR PINK? I hate pink. Red all the way.
18. LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? How much time do you have? Probably the fact that I've got to talk every issue to death before I get it straight in my head. I've got to run laps around it and study it from every angle. Make notes...and read those notes aloud. Then I've got to talk, and talk and talk. I even make my own self sick of me. If it's not straight in my head before I go to bed...I won't sleep. But there are so many other unfavorite things....really...the list is endless.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss the person I used to be before half of my life got away from me. The things I used to know and the skills I used to have. And I never thought I'd say this (because I'm really rotten with old people), but I miss my grandparents. I miss what they could teach me and I don't think it's until you're older that you think of all the stuff you wish you could ask.
20. BOOKS YOU ARE READING: "The Dead Beat: Lost Souls, Lucky Stiffs and the Perverse Pleasures of Obituaries" by Marilyn Johnson. Also..."Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See.
21. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Sometimes. Glasses mostly.
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? M&M cookies and a glass of milk.
23. FAVORITE OFFICE SUPPLY? There's nothing quite as promising as a fresh notebook. Its uses are endless. Also...the perfect pen. A pen that feels good in your hand and its ink flows across the paper. It's a zen thing.
24. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST ON TV? The recording I made of the"Grey's Anatomy" season finale. OH. MY. GOD. THEYKILLEDDENNYTHEYKILLEDDENNYTHEYKILLEDDENNY!!! As the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Denny) is shown, Mr. Half asks me if I think he's cute. "Yeah...only in a purely sexual way!"

23 Comments:

Anonymous lildb said...

I am SO jealous about the S. Dan/Michael McD show you're attending. SO.

(shuffles away, eating fist)

p.s. I'm sorry I'm hi-jacking the first comment space to say that, but it had to be done. *sigh*

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jess Riley said...

Sorry to hear the last few days have been rough; I know what you mean.

My handwriting sucks, too. Funny how typing all the time sort of degenerates your ability to write in cursive!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

OMG, Denny's EYEBROWS! And EYELASHES! Gorgeous.

His death was a cheap shot. It was so arbitrary, but I think that having him and Isaiah Washington (Burke) was making that show too hot, so they had to kill one of them off.

8:18 PM  
Blogger cameo said...

oh that man is sooooooooo pretty. damn. makes me think bad thoughts.

8:45 PM  
Blogger CISSY said...

Is anybody as mad as I am that Meredith fell for McCreepy. You knew they were going to kill off Denny. His smile. love his smile.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ben Dolan said...

DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AS A STRONG PERSON?

On a typical MySpace profile, this would be answered as follows.

Ha ha yeah I guesso maybe sometimes not ha ha

On a blog page, however, one of these litte "get to know you" posts can be a dangerous feat.

Congratulations on the tremendous restraint you have exhibited. Brevity is not a blogger's strongest quality, you are an inspiration for us all.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Look at all of us GA junkies drooling over Denny as the penultimate moment of your heartfelt MeMe. First, I'm sorry about your rough week. When you say you don't cry well, does that mean you get all hiccoughy and splotchy and ugly? Because that's me. Ugly crier.

Wow you have big feet.

(I'm glad you showed me a picture of Denny that doesn't make me think he has bad breath.)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Jozet said...

Whoa! The talking everything to death thing? Needing to get it straight before being able to sleep?

Wow...you nailed that one for me, too.

This is why I'm awake at 2:15 AM in the morning.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous V-Grrrl said...

I appreciate your honesty and the way your writing rings with authenticity.

I used to analyze myself a lot more. I'm not sure when I drifted to a more comfortable place mentally but I did. Forever asking THE BIG QUESTIONS is exhausting. But I wouldn't say it's a BAD thing. Someone has to ask hard questions!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Nilbo said...

You were far more honest here than I would be. I adore that about you. And for every quality of yours that is your least favourite, I betcha every person here could find one that we would call our "most favourite".

That said, the overthinking thing? Yeah, that would have a very short shelf life for me (g)

5:39 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You do have big feet, girl!

Glasses?? You never have glasses on in your pictures.

I would have thought you ate like Wheat Grass for breakfast, not Captain Crunch.

Talk things to death??? I'm sorry but I already took home that award. Just ask my husband.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous TB said...

"None of my shoes tie" - you are my HERO, Stacy Patricia :o)

I hope you're feeling a little better. Here's something that might help. We will be seeing one another in a lovely coastal town in TWO WEEKS!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I too, am sorry you have been having a rough few days. I know the feeling, and I hope things get better very soon.

As for the Denny thing, I actually thought he would die right off the bat when Burke couldn't do the transplant.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Marcie said...

I agree with Lildb on the Steely Dan concert, I saw them back in 1996. They were great. I have the same kind of handwriting as you, half print/half cursive. Not pretty.
I hope the rough couple of days are coming to an end:)

8:14 AM  
Blogger toyfoto said...

Missing the person you used to be. ... I think this is my favorite thought in your whole well-considered (and written) post. A tough pill to swallow, really. k

8:20 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

You know what I was thinking when they killed Denny?

That man makes dying look Gooood. LOL.

Sick, I know. Did you expect anything less? Great meme!

10:16 AM  
Blogger kidslovecandy said...

I'm de-lurking.
I just had a snorty laugh about #18 "I've got to run laps around it and study it from every angle. Make notes...and read those notes aloud. Then I've got to talk, and talk and talk. I even make my own self sick of me. " A very funny description for that affliction.
I've got it too.
It looks like some of your other readers do it too. Hmm....maybe this is why we blog,
"the unexamined life is not worth living..."

11:12 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

Denny who?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

I don't watch that show but just saw that pic, thought he was your husband for a moment and got extreeeeemely jealous.

While I sometimes don't like getting tagged for memes I'm glad other people do. I feel like I know ya in a whole new way now.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soul sister. I too have the half-ass cursive-print scrawl. One of my friends took a handwriting analysis class and she said it was because I was a rule-breaker and had commitment problems.

Et tu?
~Jenny
http://blogs.chron.com/mamadrama/

6:10 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Wait, you hate pink??
I don't know if we can still be friends.
:)
Oh no, how could they kill such a hottie? I'm in love with Patrick Dempsey myself!!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa Ann said...

"I miss my grandparents. I miss what they could teach me and I don't think it's until you're older that you think of all the stuff you wish you could ask."

so very true. it makes me cry to think of all the things i'll never know about the people i loved the most.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I hope things are looking up for you now. Bad days suck ass.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home