Meme Questions I Felt Like Answering
2. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My middle name is Patricia. I'm named for my mother's best friend since 2nd grade.
3. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Only falling ones.
4. WHEN DID YOU CRY LAST? Around noon today. It's been a rough couple of days. I don't cry easily, willingly or well.
5. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING? Not really. I have no consistent way of writing. It's a cross between printing and cursive. Since I type more frequently now than I write things by hand, my writing is worse than ever.
6. FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Whatever they put on a Subway Italian BMT. Second? Kosher Bologna.
7. WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY? March 24th. Same as Harry Houdini and Steve McQueen.
8. MOST EMBARRSSING CD? Anything by Michael Jackson
9. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don't know if I'd want to be friends with me. I do know I would never want to be my enemy.
10. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Burned the ones from my sucky teenage life. I have part of one I kept when my kids were little and another one about their lives--not mine. This blog isn't my journal, though. I'm pretty sure of that.
11. WOULD YOU EVEN BUNGEE JUMP? Oh HAY-ULL no! Falling from any height for any reason is something I strive to avoid.
12. FAVORITE CEREAL? For a pure sugar rush...Captain Crunch. If I want to feel proud of myself--Cheerios.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OFF? None of my shoes tie...except my running shoes. I untie the long-distance shoes because they're the newer ones. The older pairs I usually don't bother to untie.
14. DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AS A STRONG PERSON? Physically...yes. I'm rarely--almost never--sick. My body can still move well and I have strong legs and arms. Emotionally? Hmmm. I can handle it when things go wrong with my kids, but I do tend to crater while I'm fixing whatever went wrong. My kids think I'm like the mom on "Malcolm in the Middle". I'm the Queen of the Screaming FreakOut. Yeah...I'll be able to bandage your dangling and bloody limbs or load you into the car and take you to the ER without throwing up, but I'll for sure be crying and screaming at you the entire way, "WHAT IN HELL DID YOU DO TO YOURSELF???"
15. FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Heath Bar Crunch. Bluebell's Moo-llennium Crunch. My dad's homemade peppermint.
16. SHOE SIZE? Somewhere between a 9 1/2 and a 10 in regular shoes. 10 1/2 in a running shoe.
17. RED OR PINK? I hate pink. Red all the way.
18. LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? How much time do you have? Probably the fact that I've got to talk every issue to death before I get it straight in my head. I've got to run laps around it and study it from every angle. Make notes...and read those notes aloud. Then I've got to talk, and talk and talk. I even make my own self sick of me. If it's not straight in my head before I go to bed...I won't sleep. But there are so many other unfavorite things....really...the list is endless.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss the person I used to be before half of my life got away from me. The things I used to know and the skills I used to have. And I never thought I'd say this (because I'm really rotten with old people), but I miss my grandparents. I miss what they could teach me and I don't think it's until you're older that you think of all the stuff you wish you could ask.
20. BOOKS YOU ARE READING: "The Dead Beat: Lost Souls, Lucky Stiffs and the Perverse Pleasures of Obituaries" by Marilyn Johnson. Also..."Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See.
21. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Sometimes. Glasses mostly.
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? M&M cookies and a glass of milk.
23. FAVORITE OFFICE SUPPLY? There's nothing quite as promising as a fresh notebook. Its uses are endless. Also...the perfect pen. A pen that feels good in your hand and its ink flows across the paper. It's a zen thing.
24. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST ON TV? The recording I made of the"Grey's Anatomy" season finale. OH. MY. GOD. THEYKILLEDDENNYTHEYKILLEDDENNYTHEYKILLEDDENNY!!! As the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Denny) is shown, Mr. Half asks me if I think he's cute. "Yeah...only in a purely sexual way!"